With Trump, the declaration of war promises a few things. First, the people who are behind the operation will attempt to take down a number of websites that are connected to the billionaire as a retaliation for the hateful campaign he is carrying out.
Secondly, the action will take place April 1 and if enough participate somehow this will dismantle the campaign of the billionaire who thrives on destroying others politically, said the group.
It appears that the hacker collective executed step one of its war on Trump by releasing a host of personal data accompanying it with a video.
The video says the group hacked the Republican front-runner and has released information that includes Trump’s Social Security number, personal cellular number and information about family members and agents.
In their video, Anonymous referred to Trump as being a fascist and calls on its supporters to stop the proposed Fourth Reich by the candidate.
The masked speaker in the video says that Trump wants to win the White House race to promote his agenda of xenophobia and fascism along with religious persecution of Muslims via policies that are totalitarian.
The information was revealed through a number of links that were attached to the video. However, things such as the SSN and phone number have been shared since January on Twitter.
The other data, including the names as well as birth dates of members of his family all appear to be true, but that too has been public record prior to now.
An official in the government said that an investigation is taking place to find out who hacked Trump. His voicemail was also hacked earlier this month revealing his close relationships with members of the media.
The previous hacks do not seem to have done much as Trump easily won primaries this week in North Carolina and Florida.
Whether this latest effort will have an effect on the popularity of the candidates is not yet known, but Anonymous is urging its supporters to take part and spread its message.