Charlotte, NC – Through its International Awards Program, the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) shines the light on the important work that is being done by individuals, organizations, agencies, and corporations. By identifying those who exemplify the very best in their fields, energy professionals are honored and the industry is advanced. Recognition of excellence by one’s peers and other professionals in the energy industry is the purpose of this program.
The 2018 International Awards will be presented the evening of Wednesday, October 17th at the AEE International Awards Banquet, being held at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, NC in conjunction with the 41st World Energy Engineering Congress (WEEC).
- Energy Engineer of the Year – Shail Derashri, Senior Energy Analyst, Academy for Conservation of Energy
- Corporate Energy Management – Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Institutional Energy Management of the Year – University of British Columbia
- Energy Professional Development – Harris Schaer, Director, Energy and Sustainability, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
- Energy Manager of the Year – Bobby H. Starling, President, B. Starling & Associates, Inc.
- Energy Project of the Year: National – Retro-commissioning the World’s Busiest Airport
- Energy Project of the Year: International – Cradle of Humankind
- Innovative Energy Project of the Year – DirectLink LNG
- Energy Innovator of the Year – Yolanda de Lange, Project Manager, Energy Training Foundation
- Young Energy Professional of the Year – Katie Dimmer, Energy Engineer, Charter Steel
- Young Energy Professional of the Year – Maher Maymoun, Energy Efficiency Consultant, Izzat Marji Group
- Young Energy Professional of the Year – Shutaro Takeda, Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University
- Distinguished Service – Ian Boylan, Director, Target Energy
For detailed information on the award winners and their outstanding accomplishments, please visit www.aeecenter.org/2018Awards